Stanborough Secondary School requires a Head of Music
Hours: Part-time (Mon-Wed) Salary range: Competitive
Required as soon as possible
Stanborough School is seeking to appoint a qualified, inspirational and enthusiastic Head of Music to start as soon as possible. Working as part of a team of talented and highly motivated teachers the Head of Music will have oversight of all the programmes in the Music department.
We are committed to increasing the number of staff from ethnic minorities, across all roles and at all levels, to reflect our diverse student population. Applications from practising Christians are particularly welcome. The Equal Opportunities Policy is available on our website.
• Lead the development of teaching and learning to maximise student achievement.
• Teach KS3 and KS4 GCSE Music. A – level desirable but not essential.
• Provide exciting opportunities for musical experience within and outside of the classroom from pure beginners to the most experienced and capable musicians and singers.
• Encourage and promote students in exploring different musical traditions and cultures
• Facilitate, monitor and encourage a wide range of extra-curricular musical ensembles and activities e.g., choirs and orchestras.
• Seek opportunities to musically mark significant school-based, local and national events.
• Prepared to lead in acts of worship/assemblies both within School and in Church settings
• Oversee the employment and monitoring of Freelance and Peripatetic staff to enhance and increase the range of instrumental teaching on offer within School.
• Any other duties as commensurate with the post or as assigned by the headteacher.
For more details: See below Job Description
Closing date: 27th September 2023
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to express your interest and an application pack will be sent out to you.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and appointments will be subject to rigorous safeguarding checks including enhanced DBS and references. The postholder must share our commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Candidates who have been successfully shortlisted will be asked to complete a self-declaration to confirm any (non-protected) criminal disclosures or information that would make them unsuitable to work with children.
|Microsoft Word - Head of Music Job Description 184 KB||184 KB|