Title: Departmental Secretary – Full-time 37 hours per week
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an individual with strong administration experience to join the North England Conference Secretariat team.
The successful candidate will display excellent communication and organisational skills, be able to work well within a team and have the ability to work well within a busy environment across multiple departments. They must be able to prioritise their work efficiently in order to maintain an effective service to the NEC team and Churches.
The role involves working closely with the departmental Directors to support the preparation of live and virtual events that take place across the NEC. We are looking for a reliable forward thinking individual who is passionate and dedicated to the work of the ministry. If you have the required experience, qualification, are well organised, and can work independently or as a team player then we want to hear from you!
Qualifications and Experience
- Previous PA/admin experience is essential
Secretariat Skills Required
- Ability to multi-task, anticipate and respond effectively to changing priorities
- Flexible, conscientious attitude to work
- High standard of written & verbal communication, with a confident & professional phone manner
- IT literate, with a strong working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word & Outlook
- Provide secretarial support to departmental Directors, and be the first point of contact to receive incoming calls/email for the Departments
- General administration including scanning, printing, photocopying and filing
- Book and manage meetings, conferences and events in person and virtually. [eg: Zoom, MS Teams, Skype]
- Take and maintain event bookings
- Processing of departmental related expenses
- Deal with telephone and email enquiries. Cover main switchboard when required and to act as backup to incoming calls
- Schedule and attend meetings, create agendas and take minutes
- This role would be suited to a person who has experience in working in a similar environment
- Fluent English speaker
- A practicing Seventh-day Adventist
- Team player, friendly, Christ-centred and committed to the mission of the church.
- Flexible and able manage change in workload and priorities. May entail some department weekend ministry support. (Working)
- Self-starter who is able to work flexibly and respond to change in workload
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Teams Excel, PowerPoint)
- Management of digital platforms to facilitate meetings and training as well as marketing (Zoom, Teams, Social Media)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Be able to maintain confidentiality
- Effective time management
- Attention to details
- Experience working in an administrative support role
- Knowledge of the GDPR policies
Successful candidates must pass a disclosure and barring security check
Please submit an updated CV with a cover letter stating your job history by 29 of May to email@example.com.
|Departmental_Secretary__24__88_.docx 27 KB||27 KB|
|Microsoft Word - Departmental Secretary 43 KB||43 KB|