In just over a fortnight’s time it will be Global Youth Sabbath. I wish this initiative had been around when I was involved in youth ministry, particularly the opportunity to demonstrate in both word and deed how lawful it is to do good on the Sabbath (Matthew 12:12). Link this with the motif #Be the Sermon, and I picture hundreds of youth serving and loving others as Christ would. Reminds me of Ellen White’s counsel . . .
'There is need of coming close to the people by personal effort. If less time were given to sermonizing, and more time were spent in personal ministry, greater results would be seen…' (Steps to Christ p.100)
- Messenger front and back this week – Global Youth Sabbath
- Emmanuel Osei on the future direction of the South England Conference (p. 2)
- Adventist Essentials with a cuppa – Salvation (p. 2)
- Llew Edwards in 'Values-led Lives' believes our behaviour contributes to youth leaving the church – and says it has got to stop! (p. 4)
- Mission – almost 101 ideas to reach and serve the community (p. 5)
- It may be only an advert, but for the Stanborough Press it’s a revolution: https://lifesourcebookshop.co.uk/ (p. 11)
- And just for a change, the editor tells a story . . . ‘I am lonely, frightened and scared. Everybody . . . everybody hates me, and I don’t like it; I feel in so much pain. Do you have any idea what that is like? I just want to be loved, that’s all.’ (p. 3)
Another Messenger to inform, educate and inspire.
|Bam 05-20.qxp_Layout 1 2 MB||2 MB|