In this week’s Messenger:
- The lead story is a letter from a small island by Adrian Peck. Pastor for the Isle of White district, he confesses to working part-time in a charity shop and explains why.
- Ranko Stefanovic wants us to take a balanced approach to Revelation. “I’m afraid many of us will wait for the final events to take place as the Jews were waiting for the Messiah…”
- Coinciding with Pastor Appreciation Sabbath, Emmanuel Osei gives three lessons for a successful and relevant ministry.
- Helen Pearson reports on Jennifer Logan’s diversity lecture .
- Dan Serb and IM youth share the vision behind their ground-breaking ‘Outpost Youth Project’.
- Surely we’re not ‘a bunch of people who parachute into (a community) every Sabbath morning and evacuate every Sabbath afternoon?’ The editor examines what it means to be a serving church.
Messenger – to inform, educate, inspire.
With each edition of Messenger, the editor and BUC Communication Director, Richard Daly engage in a brief conversation about the editorial theme, posted on the BUC News website, and the ‘Messenger Extra’ Facebook page.
|Bam 20-19.qxp_Layout 1 2 MB||2 MB|