Drumcondra Church was originally founded in 2012 by a small group with a big vision. Their main desire was to open a church that could be a witness and reach out to the surrounding community. Another reason prompted the group to open a new church. A new evangelistic series was to take place in Dublin, but the main church had reached maximum capacity. There just was not room for any more people. It was essential to have another place where more people could worship.
The group envisioned a place that would be used on Sabbaths mornings and where other activities could be done during the week. Their purpose was to build a community where the true image of God would be restored. To achieve this, they focused on building a truthful relationship with God and with one another. From there they reached out to people through the most efficient method of all, which is to love and care for people, meeting them where they are.
Drumcondra is a humble church with Jesus Himself at the centre of every action. Everyone is encouraged to take part in the activities, without judgments, prejudice, or distinction of any sort. Our church is a place to make friends and learn about Jesus. Following the idea of “cities of refuge” in the Bible, the church should be a refuge for those who are longing to find a place where they can rest their souls. It is a place where everyone can find support and encouragement. (Numbers 35:9-15)
Our church is established on two pillars. The first is the commission found in the Holy Scripture - go and make disciples of every single person. The second is our desire to open our hearts to God and trust Him. Our Mission is to serve – to be an example of what Jesus Himself did when He became One with us, living in this world to serve those He came to save. (Luke 10:1-11).
Our core values reflect the foundational principles we find in the Scriptures, and which were followed by Jesus Himself while walking in this world. These are:
- Hospitality: Our church wants everyone to feel welcome, as if they were at home.
- Intentional Relationship: Intentionally make friends and share our faith with them.
- Inclusivity: Everyone is welcome to be involved in the activities. We happily embrace every single person who wants to work and is willing to use their talents and gifts to help the community to grow and move God’s Kingdom forward.
- Refuge: Our church is meant to be a refuge where those who are hurt can find relief.
- Image of God: Our community believes that we are in a journey to know who God is. We desire to encourage one another to keep moving forward, growing spiritually through prayer, the study of the Bible and true relationship with God and others.
- Connections: Our community is a multi-cultural place. We believe that sharing our experiences with one another will help us to grow stronger in faith and love.
All these principles are based on the comprehension that it is through a relationship with God and with others that the Gospel can be spread quickly and more people can meet Jesus and love Him as we do.
Our desire is that our church can be a place where every soul will find shelter and hope even in the most hopeless situation, and where everyone can find in us a close family.