We are all broken in some way. A major goal for each Possibility Ministry is to work towards restoring a sense of dignity and personal worth in the individuals served. Linked with this objective is both the discovery of hidden talents and the use of one’s talents in the service to others. The example of Jesus was clearly reaching out with understanding, hope, and belief in the individual while opening doors of opportunity for service. Restoring meaning to life is at the heart of all forms of Possibility Ministries.
Dealing With Loss
VIDEO PRESENTATIONS ON BEREAVEMENT GRIEF
LEAFLETS, INFO SHEETS AND ARTICLES
- Bereaved Parents Support: Dos & Don'ts - Care for the Family
- Top Tips for Bereavement - Care for the Family Leaflet
- 10 Ways to Help a Grieving Person - Dr Tom Ludowici
- When a Loved One Dies: Practical Information and Advice for the bereaved
- Grief Recovery Series - Larry Yeagley
BEREAVEMENT SUPPORT ORGANISATIONS
Cruse Bereavement Care provide a range of booklets and factsheets about bereavement, as well as a Freephone helpline.
Child Bereavement UK supports families and educates professionals when a baby or child of any age dies or is dying, or when a child is facing bereavement. They provide a large number of factsheets and suggestions for further reading, as well as offering a helpline, providing training and running support groups.
Sands (Stillbirth and neonatal death charity) focuses on the needs of those who have lost a baby. Their Family Support Pack provides a directory of excellent booklets on both emotional and practical subjects.
The Compassionate Friends is a charity who support those who have suffered the death of a child of any age, and offer a helpline.
MuchLoved offers the facility of online tributes, as well as a section of ‘grief resources’ including practical advice and further reading.
- Caring Hearts - Widow & Widowers' Support
- Monthly Ministry to the Bereaved of Spouse
- Starting a Bereavement Ministry for Spousal Loss
- The Heart Lifters
Click this link to access Grief and Bereavement support on the Family Ministry page