IT Technician (ARL)
The South England Conference is looking to recruit a Radio IT Technician
Reporting to the Radio Director, the Radio IT Technician will primarily cater for the technical needs of the Adventist Radio Station. Based upon the applicant’s knowledge of IT, additional duties will include providing some IT office support.
The successful applicant will implement suitable quality of service protocols to ensure the radio station has constant bandwidth and a secure connection. They will have extensive knowledge not only of IT but also of Radio and Audio.
The successful applicant is required to have a Bachelor’s Degree (or equivalent) in Computer Science, Networking Infrastructure or similar and prior, proven track record and experience working in a professional IT capacity. It would also be highly desirable to understand audio and audio equipment infrastructure.
- Maintain a separate LAN for the radio station.
- Maintain a separate Dante network for the audio devices.
- Configure radio station encoders and monitor network bandwidth to ensure uptime and quality transmission takes place.
- Assist with Audio configuration tasks for Radio studio recordings.
- Maintain and troubleshoot RCS Zetta and G Selector software to ensure smooth operation of the radio station playout system.
- Other tasks as necessary related to maintaining the Radio Station and Troubleshooting.
The successful applicant will often be required to work hours which may fall outside the normal 9-5, especially as part of the Adventist Radio London team, they will also be required to work at weekends or during the evenings as the need arises.
Applicants should have own transport and be able to travel. A clean driving license is necessary.
Working 37.5 hours per week, depending on the level of experience and qualification, annual salary range will be £21,903.96 - £28,162.20 which includes London Weighting Allowance.
Applicants must have the right to work within the UK and will be required to undergo all necessary checks.
For an Application Form, Job Description and Person Specification, please e-mail Mrs Jacqui Crawford at email@example.com
The South England Conference is an equal opportunities employer.Closing date for applications – 31 May 2018