Full-Time Accountant - South England Conference
The South England Conference of Seventh-day Adventists is looking to recruit a full time Accountant with immediate effect
Depending on the level of experience, the salary range for a qualified accountant will be between £27,857.00 and £35,013.00 per annum. For unqualified, the range will be between £22,842.00 and £29,100.00 per annum.
Reporting to the South England Conference Treasurer, the successful candidate will be required to have:
• Management or Accounting first degree
• ACCA or other relevant post graduate qualification
• Ability to learn new accounting software and train others in its use
• Proven ability to oversee the work of others• Good knowledge of Microsoft Office software - Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and Excel
• Knowledge of Sun Plus or similar accounting package would be advantageous Essential Criteria
• An empathy with the work, values and ethos of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
• Excellent organisational skills
• A keen eye for detail
• Excellent communication skills
• Flexibility and the willingness to adapt to constantly changing routines as well as the ability to work alone
• The ability to meet tight deadlines
• The ability to build strong relationships with church members, work colleagues and member of the public
An unqualified accountant with a proven track record may be considered.
A valid passport will be necessary as some overseas travel may be involved and necessary DBS checks will be carried out. The successful candidate is required to have the right to work in the UK.
Applicants are invited to request Application Form, Person Specification and Job Description from:
Mrs Jacqui Crawford
Human Resources Manager, South England Conference,
25 St Johns Road, Watford, Herts. WD17 1PZ.
Or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for applications – 1st June 2018
The South England Conference is an Equal Opportunities Employer